Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Art Classes at The Preschool Experience & Enrichment Academy



     Art is a wonderful subject for the young to discover.  At our Art of The Masters class on Saturday mornings the youngest art students learn about the artist and their famous works.  This piece was painted by one of our youngest art students, Eva.  She is a four year old and has such a natural way of expressing herself on the canvas.  I am amazed by her ease with the brush and joy in learning about the subject.  She is what I call "a mighty wonder".  Her talent simply over shadows her size.  I use various step stools in the art room for her to climb upon and reach the tip-top of her canvas.  This piece on canvas painted with acrylics, simply astounds me.  It is an outstanding example of why we should never question the intelligence, talent and mystery of the ability of the very young learner.  Eva has an amazing family and I know they will nourish her talent through the years!

1 comment:

  1. 4?? She's 4? It's absolutely beautiful! I love to see kids experimenting with art, it gives such hope to the future of art and art education! Simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete